The Dangerous Book For Boys
Author: Conn Iggulden and Hal Iggulden
Genre: Recreation / Outdoors and Nature
From girls to battles, from anthems to pirates to Shakespeare. The perfect pocket book of things to know for every boy from eight to eighty.
In this digital age there is still a place for knots, skimming stones and stories of incredible courage. This book recaptures Sunday afternoons, stimulates curiosity, and makes for great father-son activities. The brothers Conn and Hal have put together a wonderful collection of all things that make being young or young at heart fun---building go-carts and electromagnets, identifying insects and spiders, and flying the world’s best paper airplanes.
The completely revised American Edition includes:
- The Greatest Paper Aiplane in the World
- The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
- Building a Treehouse
- Making a Bow and Arrow
- Fishing (revised with US Fish)
- Timers and Tripwires
- Baseball’s “Most Valuable Players”
- Famous Battles-Including Lexington and Concord, The Alamo, and Gettysburg
- Spies-Codes and Ciphers
- Making a Go-Cart
- Navajo Code Talkers’ Dictionary
- Cloud Formations
- The States of the U.S.
- Mountains of the U.S.
- The Declaration of Independence
- Skimming Stones
- Making a Periscope
- The Ten Commandments
- Common US Trees
- Timeline of American History